Monday, October 1, 2007

Of Cobwebs and Curses.



So I apparently forgot about my reputation as an illiterate blogger. Tsk.


*dusts cobwebs off of website*


As some of you may or may not know, I am now in Oxford, England and studying for my International Baccalaureate Diploma. Exciting, eh? I've been here a month and every day is still a new adventure. But I doubt that you're extremely interested in my personal/social life, so let's talk about literature now. What am I reading for English class? "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver. It's proving to be more enjoyable than I first assumed it was going to be. We're also studying Sophocles' "Antigone."



I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has tips about how to approach these texts from a critical literary perspective. We have a great teacher though, so I'm hoping that my ideas will begin to take a more solid form as the term progresses. To any family members reading this: don't worry, I haven't failed anything yet. ;-)


By the ways, forgive any spacing or structural irregularities. Blogspot doesn't agree with my Macbook, curses! Will leave it at this. Have fun.


Write you later. Go read something.

-The illiterate Blogger-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss oxford. have fun!

Nuri said...

Am having as much fun as a conservative bookworm like me can! ;-)