Thursday, May 10, 2007

What iWrite and Why iWrite.

Have you ever...


...read a good book but still hated it?


iHave.


You pick up the notorious tome at a library or you buy it because it's supposed to be a literary masterpiece. There's a sort of mild anticipation to devour this book, perhaps because it's won several literary prizes and the recommendation of popular critics. At home, the atmosphere is perfect. A good warm beverage on a rainy evening, you're on your favourite couch with a very lovable and furry pet. You've waited for a time just as such for this special, special book.


Alas, it does not satisfy! I do not mean to say that the book is not good. On the contrary... I concur that it is a very good book with an excellent concept, realistic characters, wonderful style and a unique perspective. But I hate it anyway and wouldn't read it again if you tempted me with all the Jordan Almonds in the world! It is a book that causes me discomfort when I read it, that disagrees with my moral values extremely, that makes me feel extremely depressed-- you get the idea. Sometimes it is even a book that, for some reason unable to be logically elucidated, merely infuriates me. I will later post my current list of these books that I am illiterate to.


This is my conflict with literature, my relationship with all things literary. You can call me silly for it or you can agree with me or you can just never ever visit this blog again because I'm a horrible writer. Eitherways, I'll continue to type at this keyboard about books.... and while I'm at it, I promise to throw in entries about films, society and other funny things.


What iWrite: Books. Movies. Society. Jordan Almonds... 'nuff said.


Why iWrite: Apparently it's not healthy to talk to family members about books they are liable to find boring. Mainly because they're also liable to kill you for trying to do so.


So welcome to my Blog! I am the illiterate Blogger; obviously I'm not literally illiterate but please do try to find the irony in that title. I happen to think that it quite promptly reflects my disposition when it comes to critically acclaimed novels!


Write you later. Go read something.

-The illiterate Blogger-



No comments: