Tuesday, July 24, 2007

If there's something strange, in your neighborhood...


"If there's something strange....and it don't look good...who ya gonna call?"

You know you like that song. iKnow you do.

Possibly one of my favourite comedy-fiction films of the century, The Ghosbusters is a bag of treats. It's funny in a way that doesn't insult your intelligence, the characters are lovable and who doesn't like that marshmallow monster?

My excursions into old-era movies (a.k.a. movies some people in my age group have never heard of or watched) have numbed me in regard to the special effects glitches, thank heavens. A lesser-Nuri would've laughed non-stop when I saw Zuul! But that's just the CGI-watcher in me talking. Pay no attention.

Why aren't there anymore movies like Ghostbusters around anymore? It's a funny movie that entertains both children and adults without resorting to extremes of a mature nature. We need more movies like that! Maybe they're still out there, being directed. But please don't make a comment mentioning a Pixar film. It's not that iHate Pixar, but only a handful of their movies (The Incredibles, Monster Inc. and Toy's Story, to be specific) have hit the nail on the head.

Movies aside, I'm presently reading "A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin after much persuasion from some online friends. It's a long book and entertaining in spite of some vulgarities. Fantasy fans take note: this is definitely something you want to pick up, even if it doesn't suit me much. I'll write more when I'm done reading the bloody tome.


Write you later. Go read something.


-The illiterate Blogger-


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey stop calling my childhood faves "old era movies" hahaha

Nuri said...

That's the drawback of no longer being the 'younger generation'. =P