Monday, July 23, 2007

It's been one heck of a trip, Mister Potter.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Come now, iKnow you all saw this one coming. Who can resist writing about the darling Mister Potter and his daring adventures? At 4.30am on the 21st of July, I lined up among other youths to get Rowling's latest novel at Kinokuniya bookstores. I made the trip to see the crowd and watch them run, but ended up in the line later on with some acquaintances (for more info on that, check my comment on Bibliobibuli's blog).

Faithful to my role as a Potter reader, I shan't spoil the story for anyone reading this who hasn't gotten or read the final book. But I will say that it was a fun ride.

Nostalgic, thrilling and (inevitably) sad at some points. I can overlook the flaws for now. It's been one heck of a trip. I'm sure that fellow readers will know what I mean when I say that I can neither feel happy nor sad now that it's finally over. Eitherways, the next time you're ever out with like-minded friends, make a (non-alcoholic) toast to our dear friend Harry.

Write you later. Go read something.


-The illiterate Blogger-


No comments: